Want to succeed in your virtual assistant business? Who doesn’t, right? Well, it’s often not as easy as it seems. And it helps to have a secret weapon — an experienced virtual assistant who can help. You know the ole’, been there, done that, let me show you how it’s done routine that actually works!
Why struggle with your business when you can learn from someone and not only get up and running quicker, but continue to see success on a regular basis.
So what all can a Virtual Assistant (VA) coach do? Well …. Let’s break it down.
Here are a few things a VA coach can help with:
- Establishing Your Pricing – Ever send out a proposal and thought, “Wow, that was too high, they will never hire me.” Or worse yet, “Man, I’m working for nothing. I totally bid that wrong. Why did I do that?” Even the best of us have done this. But with the right plan and review of your clients, services, skills, experience, etc., you can feel good about your pricing and know it’s right for you. Plus, I bet you find you will charge quite a bit more than you thought you could or may be charging currently once you have that “pricing discussion” with your coach.
- Getting Clients – Why does everyone else seem to be having an endless supply of clients and here you sit with the phone not ringing and the bank account not growing. Getting clients is hard! Yes, of course it gets easier as you do more of the right things, but even then, it’s challenging. A virtual assistant coach can review everything and come up with a strategy specific for your business. You often hear, find your ideal client and then the magic happens once you do. That is really true. However, what I’ve come to discover is many of my clients who weren’t really that perfecto for me, turned into the longest running, best clients ever. So a VA coach can help you find clients who will continue to make your business grow, while you enjoy all the benefits of loving your biz.
- Marketing – Hi Ho, Hi ho, a marketing we go! Social media, networking, referrals, writing articles and blog postings, paid ads, oh my! You hear so much of what you should be doing and are probably overwhelmed by it all so you do nothing. A good virtual assistant coach will create a marketing plan that works for you and show you ways to implement them. They take into account your strengths and weaknesses and where they feel you will market best – that means, market on a regular basis. Plus, as they get to know you more, they will see just what you enjoy doing most and can offer marketing ideas with that in mind.
- Determining your niche – What are you passionate about? What skills do you possess that you can do with your eyes closed? (Well, maybe not technically closed, but that you feel real comfortable doing.) That helps determine your niche. But also, it’s important to make sure your niche allows you to make money. Remember that bank account that isn’t growing we talked about earlier, we need to do something about that. Finding the right niche allows you to match your skills, experience, passion, with the right services that will allow you to work with clients who need those services. Bamm … it’s that easy!
- Setting Up Shop – Setting up your daily operational procedures can be just as important as getting those clients. Why? Because if done wrong, it can cost you time and money. Contracts, boundaries, procedures, not getting paid, working 24/7, you get it. Lots and lots to consider. You hear so many of the horror stories of not getting paid; clients calling at 2:00 at night and wanting the work back by noon the next day; being on call 24/7 and making 3 cents an hour when you consider the time you were available, etc. That’s why a VA coach and guide you to make better choices and when you get in a bind, help you out of it. How do you spell relief — V –A – C –O-A –C – H!
- Referrals and Friendship – Best part about hiring a VA coach is the friendship that will ensue and also how many clients you might actually get from it. Many coaches when they train virtual assistants also recommend them to their clients and potential clients if they know it’s a good match. They trained you and therefore feel good about doing so.
Don’t do it alone. Look for a coach today to help you get clear, focused, excited, passionate, and finally start reaping the benefits of your skills and experience. Look for one that is fun to work with so you look forward to those calls or emails. And look for one who you feel confident will take you where you want to go in the least amount of time. See how easy that can be!
Diana Ennen, President of Virtual Word Publishing, www.virtualwordpublishing.com offers PR and Virtual Assistant Coaching and PR and Marketing services. She’s the co-author of Virtual Assistant – The Series: Become a Highly Successful, Sought After VA. Follow her on social media at https://www.facebook.com/VirtualWordPublishing/ and https://twitter.com/DianaEnnen